The 3 Best Social Networks

I would think if you asked 5 different people what the best social networks are you would get different answers. And part of that lies in the fact that different folks have different uses for these sites. And, depending on your need, you will most likely choose a different network. The following is a short list of 3 of the best social networks and their uses.

Cartoon Network

  1. One of the largest is MySpace. Now, if you are not a teenager, or are not marketing to teenagers, you really have no business on MySpace. I do not have a site set up there for obvious reasons. I do not think it is user friendly, I think there is too much junk on it, and I do not have the need for 1000 friends, or which I might actually know 2. I would say do not waste your time.
  2. The fastest growing right now is Facebook. This is actually a pretty cool website. It allows you to link up with friends based on things you may have in common. For example, I graduated from Thomas Edison State College. I could put this into my account, sort of like a tag for me, and others who also went there could link up with me. We could then see each others calendars or schedules, and stay in touch. It is also growing very fast in terms of different website applications being developed ever since they opened up their code (API).
  3. My favorite is Digg. I love it. I like the fact that I have a say in what is news worthy and what is not. You basically vote yes or no on the news story. The higher the amount of "diggs", the higher the article will move up. Once it reaches a certain level, it will now be on the front page of Digg. You can also comment on the news stories, which by the way are far more fascinating than the stories themselves. I also use Digg to get Google to find my websites. Google loves Digg, and is always in there looking around for links to news stories and other websites. If you can time this just right, you can get your news story, blog post, or website in Google in less than 24 hours. It is truly amazing what they call the "Digg effect" which is how fast they websites get ranked and the ability of everyone to crash your servers.

Cartoon Network

The above is only a small list of the best social networks out there. There are plenty more, but most of the attention is given to these. Check them out and see which one you like.

The 3 Best Social Networks

Get more information about how to use MySpace at http://myspace.tips-and-guides.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment